In an unusual feat of advanced preparation, I took my time getting ready for work this morning and found a few spare moments to throw an episode of The Office and put on my makeup.
Bonus points if you know which episode I watched!
By about 11:45 a.m., my efforts at facial beautification had been spoiled.
Crying. In my car. Mascara smears. Listening to NPR.
Of course, my father’s voice (often the voice of my most self-defeating natures, sadly enough), began to rain on my parade.
I mean, last night he uttered the phrase “Lord Obama.” At the dinner table. There are plenty of Americans who don’t want me to be happy about today. I get it. I don’t remember anything about Bush’s inauguration day because it didn’t register as something worth my time. I get it, I really do.
But there’s a lot to be excited about.
- This is my first inauguration where the person I voted for actually WON (save for the 04 congress seats)
- This is the end of eight long years of Bush. Any change would be noteworthy.
- This is the end of eight long years of Republican Reign. Enough to bring this Democrat to tears.
- This is our first African-American President (not including the half dozen who have purported African-American roots lol)
- This is also the first inauguration since I took a course on the Civil Rights Movement.
- This is the first inauguration in twelve years where it was wrapped up neatly in a bow – the people spoke decisively.
Excitement does not equal worship, okay Daddy Dearest?
In other, far less epic news – I have been tagged! By Kiddlebug, owner of a delicious etsy shop… one of those places that makes me yearn for small children of my own to dress up. You know what I’m talking about.
Anyway, I love being tagged for silly little memes. Because mostly, I am a silly little girl. So if you are ever hunting for someone to tag, Tag Me! I’ll be delighted. That being said, I don’t like tagging other people much. I feel like I’m imposing. So feel free to repost this meme on your own – You Are All Tagged! Or just leave me a comment and say, HEY I LOVE BEING TAGGED, and I will henceforth Tag You For All Things.
7 Random Facts About Miss Shortskirt